Reasons To Start A Home Based Business

A blog about bad news from corporate America. I'll be posting stories from around the web that give good reasons to opt out of the rat race and start a home based business.


Current job loses reported here (too many to count)

Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

I've been involved in different businesses for 20 years. If I knew then (as they say) I'd have retired by the time I was 20. Now my mission is to allow other people to learn from my mistakes.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Alcoa stopping defined benefit plan for most new hires

I've been reading Rich Dad Prophecy and even though I'm only a few chapters in I can tell it isn't a feel good book when it comes to ERISA and 401k plans.
If you're planning on retiring, you really should read that book. Seems that a major flaw is that with these plans, you HAVE to withdraw money at 70 1/2 years of age and with all the people withdrawing from the stock market at the same time, it will take a dive.
Alcoa stopping defined benefit plan for most new hires



NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc. (AA) said on Monday it will eliminate its defined benefit pension plan for most new U.S. salaried employees, effective March 1, 2006.

The world's biggest aluminum producer said that in its place, the company will offer a 401(k) defined contribution plan for new hires. The changes will not affect current Alcoa employees or retirees, who will continue to participate in their current defined benefit pension and defined contribution savings plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







Network Marketing Resources, Training and Help!
The Lazy Gorilla's Network Marketing resource center for Network Marketing training, resources and help. Post a link to YOUR site, get expert advice, learn one savvy traffic idea after another. Always free.